Things to Do
Release the everyday stresses or revive yourself after a day out walking.
Relax in the skilled hands of our Massage Therapists.
Scroll down to see just a few of things to do in the area while relaxing at the Abel Tasman Lodge.
Not an exhaustive list, just a ‘starter for ten…’
- Bark Bay to Anchorage – pretty Falls River swing bridge to walk across plus some stunning bays and views. Anchorage is rated one of New Zealand’s 10 most unforgettable beaches.
- Between Torrent Bay and Onetahuti – also includes the Falls River swing bridge plus a visit to Tonga Quarry and the chance for a seal encounter.
- The stunning long beach of Tōtaranui towards Awaroa – Pick your day as the section to Awaroa is tide-dependent.
- Introduce the children to the magical experience of kayaking the Abel Tasman with Kahu Kayaks Family Cruiser trip.
- A walk for all ages with stunning views and a golden beach or two included. Try the Pitt Head Loop walk.
- Take a short drive towards nearby Golden Bay and on the way visit Ngārua Caves and see the extinct bones of the extinct moa and other underground sites. Then catch your own salmon for lunch at Anatoki Salmon Farm.
- ‘Open your eyes’ to the rich history and ecology of this stunning area with Abel Tasman Eco Tours.
- With the breeze in your hair and relaxing on deck, sail quietly on the sea with Abel Tasman Sailing.
- All day kayak. So many options to choose from, but Abel Tasman Kayaks Soul Food is an environmentally friendly option.
- Drop from the sky at 9,000, 13,000 or 16,500 feet with Abel Tasman Sky Dive.
- Go straight to the top of the Abel Tasman and kayak your way into shallow rock pools and throughout the marine reserve with Abel Tasman Kayaks.
- Descend down through the Abel Tasman by sliding, jumping, abseiling even swimming your way to the bottom with Abel Tasman Canyons.
Free booking & information service
Let us take away any holiday hassle.
Use our local knowledge of the Abel Tasman National Park to help tailor and book your activities at no extra charge.
What’s more, if you book ahead, you don’t need to pay for any activity until you arrive.