We want our place to feel like the beginning of a great experience of the Abel Tasman National Park, so when you visit the Abel Tasman Lodge you can take in the splendour of one of New Zealand’s gems.
We Love Travel
We have travelled extensively, having visited many countries together. Hopefully that gives us some insight into what is important to you as a guest in our country and this beautiful part of the world.
Both of us are Kiwis with a real passion for our beautiful country and bringing it to life for our guests. It is our aim to help you have a fabulous experience here – enjoying your stay in what we believe is the most beautiful part of New Zealand. We think of it is a world treasure and we are proud to be able share it with you.
We love to, and prefer to, support the people that make up our community. From the team that makes our chalets so clean, to the local artisans, suppliers and partners. Everything from our body wash to our innovatively designed showers. It’s about making the most of what we have in our wider region.
Reusable is integral to our business initiative to Reduce, Reuse and Recycle.
Reducing our environmental impact is vital. We have started by removing plastic bin liners from our chalet rubbish bins (we now use biodegradable liners in the bathroom, for hygiene reasons). You can assist by considering what you throw away as landfill.
So how can you help in reusing products? Why not consider only using reusable water bottles at the Lodge. We appreciate it’s a big ask, but we provide amazing tap water, purified and cleaned to the highest standards and what’s more – FREE!
We strongly encourage recycling throughout the Lodge by offering several ways to recycle both in your chalets and near our communal kitchen.
Sustainability for the Abel Tasman Lodge is about endeavouring to make what we already have be better, last longer. Throughout our business, you will see it mentioned but more importantly in the actions we take. Just some of the small steps include:
- Continual replanting of native gardens
- Key tag power system in your chalet, to ensure energy efficient power usage
- Investment in fuel-efficient heating and cooling systems
- On-demand hot-water solutions
- Compostable nespresso coffee capsules in our Kowhai Suite and One Bedroom chalets
- Removal of all single use plastic throughout the Lodge, including rubbish bags and single serve butter packs
- Two Tesla EV chargers for guests
- Refillable in-room toiletries
But it also goes beyond the Lodge in the work we do to support Mārahau, through the civil defence leadership during Cyclone Gita in 2018, the replanting programmes within Mārahau, and representations to local government to invest in rubbish and recycling in our village.
It’s a continual process and we always welcome help and ideas to Keep the Beautiful, Beautiful.
is in the Details...
- Number 1 best Small Hotel in New Zealand
- Number 1 best Hotel for Service in New Zealand in 2018 – number 2 in 2019
- Number 3 best Hotel for Service in Australia, NZ & South Pacific
- Number 5 best Small Hotel in Australia, NZ & South Pacific
- Number 6 best Hotel for Romance in New Zealand
- Number 23 best Hotel for Romance in Australia, NZ & South Pacific
A lot of thanks goes out to our amazing housekeeping team and our family for all of their support and help and also most importantly you, our guests.