Abel Tasman Lodge COVID-19 Safety Policy
The health and safety of our guests and employees, has always been and will continue to remain our top priority.
At the very beginning of the New Zealand outbreak we quickly implemented a COVID-19 Health and Safety Plan, which we continue to monitor and update through each Level and situation to ensure it meets the current guidelines as we move forward with our global fight against the spread of coronavirus.
We are constantly reviewing every aspect of our operations against the latest updates provided by our New Zealand Government and Ministry of Health for COVID-19. We are taking all necessary steps to follow the most up-to-date guidelines and directives from the health authorities and industry regulators.
As we live through constant changes in levels, we wanted to provide you with some information on the measures we have put in place to keep you our guest, and our employees safe.
STANDARD ACTIONS AT ALL TIMES:
Abel Tasman Lodge is not part of a quarantine or self-isolation hotel program.
New operating procedures & policies have been put in place in consideration for health & safety, cleaning, social distancing and contact tracing requirements.
Our team is committed to following the recommended cleaning and hygiene standards for all departments. Our dedicated team are aware and fully supportive of the need to take extra precautions while interacting with guests and handling guests items.
- Additional cleaning and sanitising procedures have been adopted throughout the Lodge including chalets and all public areas
- Our housekeeping team use specialist disinfectant sprays and sanitisers
- All chalets include anti-bacterial pump soap
- Hand sanitisers are provided at the hotel reception and communal kitchen for guest use
- The Abel Tasman Lodge QR code is displayed at our reception entrance for guests using the NZCOVID Tracer app
- Using the latest standards and best practice as approved by Qualmark, New Zealand tourism’s official quality assurance organisation
- All employees and guests are advised to follow the recommendations of the Ministry of Health in relation to COVID-19, which is to stay at home if they are feeling unwell or displaying any symptoms of the virus.
Operating Under New Zealand Alert Levels
At Alert Level 1, Abel Tasman Lodge is able to operate with no restrictions in place, but we continue to maintain enhanced hygiene practices. If staff are sick or have symptoms of COVID-19, they are advised to stay home.
At Alert Level 2, Abel Tasman Lodge is able to operate under the following restrictions:
- Abel Tasman Lodge is allowed to accommodate overnight guests during this time
- Limits to service during this time include the need for guests to handle their own luggage
- Our employees are required to stay one metre apart from each other where practicable
- Different groups must be kept and stay one metre apart, throughout all common areas.
At Alert Level 3, Abel Tasman Lodge is closed to new guests.
At Alert Level 4, Abel Tasman Lodge is closed to new guests.
COVID-19 Cancellation Policy
If you are unable to travel to New Zealand due to border restrictions in NZ or in your own country at the time of travel, then we will not charge any cancellation fees.
For New Zealand domestic travellers, we will offer a credit if new restrictions come into place.
It’s would be greatly appreciated if you could let us know as soon as possible so we have the opportunity to resell the room.
This only applies to bookings made through this website.
If you have any questions or concerns about your forthcoming visit to Abel Tasman Lodge, please do not hesitate to contact us at [email protected].